Requirements to Enroll
- Students must be 15 years of age by the first day of the enrolled driver education program.
- Teens must have their permit by their first behind-the-wheel drive session (or by the first week of school).
- If under 15 1/2 years of age, a Permit Waiver is required to obtain an Instruction Permit: A Permit Waiver is an electronic form issued by our driving school that allows your teen, at 15 years old or older, to obtain his/her permit 10 days prior to the start of their enrolled class session. This waiver "temporarily" waives the requirement to take the Knowledge Test to obtain a permit until a driver education course has been completed.
- Prior to a permit waiver being entered we requrie: ALL enrollment paperwork to be completed & returned to our office and a minimum downpayment of $150.00 made.
- Per Washington State regulations, we can not issue a permit waiver more than 10 days prior to the start of a course session.
- After enrolling in our course, you and your student must Pre-apply online to obtain your students DLN number (permit number). In order for us to issue your student a permit waiver, you must contact us and provide us with your students DLN number prior to visiting the Department of Licensing.
All 6 forms must be completed and returned to the Rules of the Road office to enroll. Signatures required from enrolled student and parent/guardian if student is under 18 years old. ALL enrollment paperwork & a minimum payment of $150.00 must be completed PRIOR to a permit waiver being issued for a student. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Copyright © 2019 Rules of the Road Driving School